Monday, April 4, 2011

Vignette Hexagon Quilt - Chapter 1


Spent yesterday afternoon cutting up scraps for this exciting new project!! Also (ma bad) I ordered fabric from one of my favorite etsy stores just for this quilt:


Isn't this just too yummy?


Gotta love the dots!

It's April 3rd and it's snowing here....again...in Northern Michigan. So glad I'm flying out to Florida on Tuesday morning to visit my parents. Hoping the snow doesn't follow me.

The package of my new fabric should be waiting for me when I return home!! More cutting and more hexagons!! In the meantime, my vacation kit of hexies is ready to go in my travel bag. Hoping to get a ton of them done during the trip!


8 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Laura

I love those pink and green fabrics, what is that range called? I hope you have a wonderful vacation and you get some hexagons made.

Laura VanVleet said...

Hi Leanne,
The fabric line is called Sugar and Spice by the Quilted Fish for Riley BlAke designs. Yummy!

Susie said...

That fabric is stunning!! Hope it doesn't snow in Florida.......!

Quilt Kitty said...

I love the pinks & greens - too yummy! Tracee xx

Jo in TAS said...

Oh gorgeous fabrics!

Sarah said...

What beautiful fabrics Laura! I am yet to start my hexies..... waiting on my order to arrive!

rosie said...

I was bad too Laura, I ordered some new fabric.....

Q said...

I want some of the pinks and greens too! I didn't specifically order for hexagons, but I will definitely be stealing bits off corners of new fabric to add to mine!

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: