Saturday, April 30, 2011

The case of the missing hexies

Last night I resumed my "car sitting" whilst waiting for daughter and I managed to stitch up a few hexie flowers but that was after just a minor drama..........


I know I had 6 petals - I had prepared them all the night before and I had even counted them when I pulled them out to start stitching. The four petals were stitched on and it was then decided to do a run to Macca's and I put them aside for safe travelling. After eating and returning to the car to stitch I couldnt find the two hexies - spent half an hour with both DH and I searching the car - no luck! I believe they may be in the MacDonalds car park. DH did offer to go back and look but the weather was awful and I knew that even if he did find them that they wouldnt be salvageable so I continued along with more flowers. After coming home I managed to find just enough fabric to complete this flower - how lucky was that.

DE

8 comments:

Susie said...

lucky you were able to find enough fabric! feels terrible to waste those little hexies you lost!!! (we can do so much with little pieces of fabric can't we?). Happy Stitching, Susie

Laura VanVleet said...

How fun! A hexie mystery!!

Maria said...

You were lucky to still have some fabric to make two new ones.

De said...

Very lucky to have found some more fabric especially because its all from my scraps! otherwise I just would have reversed stitched and used what I had for centres!

rosie said...

De, the same thing happened to me but I was home! Thought the cat had taken it!!At least DH offered to go look for you!

Quilt Kitty said...

Too funny. The curse of Macca's stole your petals. Tracee xx

Josie said...

What a fab husband to offer to go back and rescue your hexies. So glad you found enough fabrics to replace the missing petals.

Q said...

ROFL, this actually happened to me last night and I was thinking I wonder if I should post about missing petals, and here you have already :)
I had made up a few piles and glued them and shoved them into a zippy purse for later sewing and the one I was in progress with got taken out last night to continue with and I was missing one petal!

I did find it this morning when I went to iron my pants for work though, so glad I found mine, and you had enough replacement fabric to finish yours!

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: