Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm ready to start

As i am already doing a scrappy hexagon quilt i decided to buy a jelly roll for this one. I bought Dilly Dally by Me & My Sister Designs. The roll, along with my hexagons arrived last week. Now to find the time to prepare the hexagons. I have plenty of tone on tone scraps which i'll use for the embroidered hexagons.
First lot of hexagons i ordered i didn't realise didn't have the template with it so i had to order another set. Certainly have plenty of hexagons now to keep me going. :)
Happy Stitching,

8 comments:

Q said...

that's a great idea! I want to start over now :(
those colours are going to look fabulous!

Jo in TAS said...

dOH! Jelly Roll, what a good idea!!

Unknown said...

I have never heard of a jelly role? I mark and cut out my fabrics and paper hexagons by hand and it takes ages. Lovely fabric you have chosen have fun with it, dee x

rosie said...

I love those fabrics. You will need lots of paper hexagons I have found.... Have fun xx

Susie said...

I'm not familiar with that fabric but it looks gorgeous - looking forward to seeing it come to life!

Laura VanVleet said...

Love the dilly dally jelly roll! Great idea!

Pam said...

I just love those fabrics........

Val said...

Hi there! I am addicted to making 1" hexies from scraps. I have now more than 1,000 sewn together in three panels, what I want to know is ..... when it is big enough for the bed how to finish off the edges? Also would it be better to add batting and quilt it? If quilting, I don't have a long arm so what options are there???? In the meantime I just keep making more hexies .... if anyone has any suggestions I would be very very grateful :0)
Val xx Oxfordshire UK

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: