Sunday, April 10, 2011

Decadent Quilting..

I have made a start......Gathered up all the beautiful 'Sweet Broderie' fat quarters by Rosalie Quinlan and bravely set about to cut into them!! We live on a farm and I wasn't about to make a trip into town for templastic so...... I got out an old x-ray and soaked it in white king and water and voila! Template plastic! This could save lots of dollars, which could buy even more fat quarters!! I am loving the Sewline glue pen and the one inch pre-cut hexagons..
I have never made a scrap quilt from perfectly good fat quarters before, it feels kind of decadent!! But the colors are gorgeous.
Notice one of the flowers is missing a petal, I thought the cat had taken it! Found it at the bottom of my basket!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Love these fabrics. Its going to be a beautiful quilt.

Q said...

I so love these fabrics, I went on and on and on about them on my blog... and will continue here. I got a whole set of fat quarters and some yardage, and if I get the opportunity to get more of it I definitely will!

De said...

Great start Rosie!

Susie said...

I love your fussy cut flowers. They look adorable. Sweet broderie is just beautiful isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Good on you!! I'm the same.... my closest craft shop is now 2 hours away.... too hard to try and get there for things! I've got plenty of xrays though!!

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: