Sunday, April 3, 2011

Itching to start

Ive looked at the Vignette magazine numerous times tonight between projects - briefly glanced at my fat quarter collection sitting on the desk - resisted the urge to dig through the scrap box.

But I have no paper pieces - I did think about copying them but the ink is low on the printer - I also have none of that fabric glue stuff - last time I made hexies we tacked the paper in - how time consuming was that?

Will have a bit of a look online in a bit for the "supplies" and place the order - anyone got suggestions as to the "best" place to get them?

DE

4 comments:

Laura VanVleet said...

I use two paper clips to hold my fabric in place while I'm stitching the hexies. It saves a lot of time over gluing and/or tacking!

Q said...

I ordered my first hexagons from the fat quarter shop, and got my next lot from one of my local quilt stores, the local ones are way flimsier than the fat quarter shop ones, but I don't think that effected my sewing or the final product in any way!

Deborah in Atlanta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah in Atlanta said...

I guess I'm discovering you late in the game. I haven't had time to read a lot of the blog and would like to correspond with you about what is required to participate. Can you e-mail me at these two e-mail addresses and send me particulars? One is my personal e-mail and the other is my work e-mail. That way I can figure out all the particulars. For instance, are all of these scrappy, or are you using similar colors, or does it vary from quilter to quilter?

Thanking you in advance.

e-mail addresses:
dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com as well as hts9(at)cdc(dot)gov

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: