Saturday, April 23, 2011

My first 2 Hexies:

Here are my first two hexagons! I used my Nancy Halverson fabrics. I think it took me longer to choose my fabrics for these two than to actually make them! Not sure if I should go with a scrappy quilt OR a Nancy Halverson scrappy quilt? What do you think?








I was going to do some fussy cutting here, but I couldn't for the life of me get that paper of the template for a few days LOL!



I have got some hexies all ready glued down ready to stitch together which will be the next few nights sewing.......


x Sarah

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should just go with the flow and where ever your heart takes you ;-) Glued down? are you using glue? when i made mine i just used normal brown parcel wrapping paper for the insides of my hexagons and then folded the fabric around them ie sewing them with running stitch before i joined them all together. I just used cardboard as my hexagon template they all worked a treat ;-) dee x

De said...

Sarah - you made me giggle with the not being able to fussy cut excuse! LOL

Kaye R said...

Being a Nancy Nut myself, I can see why you would consider it. If you did I could live vicariously through you.
Good luck with your decision.

rosie said...

I love those hexies that you have done.. Love the colors.. It's a difficult choice to make.. Have lots of fun...

FIONA said...

Hi Sarah - I'm loving the Nancy Halvorsen fabrics and have decided to do mine in her fabrics also! I do have lots of them .... but then I do need lots of hexagons!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Fiona H xx

Kathy said...

Your hexies are great Sarah. I think the Nancy Halverson fabrics are great, I just haven't got any of them! I'm not complaining as I have lots of other fabrics to keep me going.

Jacqueline said...

very nich sarah i like your colours. Looking forward to see more of your hexagons

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Your flowers are lovely and so romantic.

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: