Saturday, April 2, 2011

My first hexagons of many

Last Saturday when Sarah and Myself headed off to Hobart to meet Leanne Beasley and Rosalie Quinlan I was so excited to see Leanne's hexagon quilt that is in her new magazine Vignette. It is truly beautiful and she is doing an amazing job. The photo below is part of Leanne's quilt that she showed us. Since last weekend I have been making a few hexies of my own. I bought a few of Rosalie's fabrics called Sweet broderie so I'm using those plus a few others that will go well with them.
You can see where I have made a few fussy cuts in the fabric, this was so much fun, I couldn't wait to get the flower together just so I could see the pattern it made.


I look foreward to seeing your hexagons and what you can do with them.

10 comments:

Laura VanVleet said...

Just grabbed your button! So happy I found this blog....this is just the project I was looking for to take on my vacation this week!! Love those fussy cut flowers!! Can't wait to get started!

paulette said...

Gorgeous!
Paulette

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous. Love the fabrics. Happy Stitching,

Cubby House Crafts said...

Just beautiful!
Lisa

De said...

Very nice!

Sarah said...

WOW leanne, those fussy cut one look great!

Quilt Kitty said...

They are so pretty Leanne. You are inspiring me! Tracee xx

Susie said...

The fabrics are wonderful - I love the patterns that have evolved. That part is also a real joy in itself isn't it? Happy Stitching..

Jo in TAS said...

Beautiful fussy cutting Leanne! Rosalie did a good job designing these fabrics to be fussy cut, I must buy some more pieces.

Q said...

great fussy cutting! they look fab!

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: