Monday, May 30, 2011

White Hexi's

I have been busy making white Hexies, I thought I would use this white self patterned fabric for my white Hexies...............Looks Fab but is hell to trace onto........Even with a light box it is a bit of a struggle.
I have finished half of them but it was a slow process.........

I think it was worth it though, the fabric is really nice.
I haven't embroidered any yet though.....
Waiting on issue 3 of Vignette to arrive just in case I get ahead of myself...............

I am loving my glue pen.......I am sure it would have
been a lot slower progress if I basted the papers on......

Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kate, Have you heard of Sticky Fabri-Solvy? you can it from Bird Brain desinns here:
http://www.birdbraindesigns.net/products/755-sticky-fabri-solvy.aspx

I use the Transfer Eze, you just run it though your printer, stick it on your fabric, embroider, then rinse away, I love it - no more tracing.
Have a nice day!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting product. I love the effect white is giving to your hexies. I am still thinging what colour to use so am waiting until I have a few sewn together so I can lay other fabrics under them.

Kaye R said...

I am glad I am not the only one with the tracing on white patterned fabric issue. I thought i needed glasses. I have that range of Nancy fabrics but was to scared to cut into them. They look fabulous.

Vintage Cate said...

I decided to use self-patterned fabric for my filler hexies too. It is a trial isn't it, although the effect is nice.

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: