Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gone Hexie Crazy.....

I now understand the addiction. I was so happy at the beginning of Easter to have met my goal of 12 hexies for the month but couldn't stop there otherwise it would not be an addiction. So I cut out another 14 & now they are finished too. Bless the footy & the Royal Wedding!


Thanks for all the lovely comments on my first post - you guys rock. Maybe the corny old saying should now be changed to 'If friends were hexie flowers, I'd stitch YOU!'

I do feel a distraction coming on though. The latest Patchwork & Quilting has a lovely quilt called Dorothy by Janelle Noack that features hexie flowers too. It pulled at my heart strings as my mum's name was Dorothy & this would be a perfect little quilt for my lounge room to brighten up the chocolate brown couch. Only 20 more hexie flowers, no worries Mate!

No footy on TV in Perth today - evil channel 7! So the latest Harry Potter and the series of 22 episodes of the 90s TV series American Gothic on DVD will have to be my stitching companions for today & a few evenings to follow.

Happy stitching in Autumn!
Tracee xx

7 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

Does everyone cut their petals with a roller cutter? As I cut in front of the TV, I use my scissors. I guess it doesn't make much difference but just wondered :) Tracee xx

Maria said...

I also cut my with scissors or buy pre-cut.

Your hexies are beautiful.

Josie said...

Wow... so many so quickly and they are all so lovely too. Maybe I should change my sport from F1 to footy ;)
I'm scissor happy cutting hexies. Tried my tiny rotary cutter but found it too clumsy and slow. Would work better with one of those lovely pink turntable cutting mats from Sue Daley.... I can dream can't I.

rosie said...

Wow Trace, you have certainly been watching some telly!!!! I love the colors of your hexies. I cut all my hexies out with scissors..Take care

De said...

Im a scissor cutter! More transportable that way and usually cut them whilst blog hopping on the computer before stitching in front of the telly or in the car! You are going to be finished in no time.

Unknown said...

Those are looking great well done you, love your fabrics to. I use scissors to for cutting out my fabric's, dee x

Susie said...

I love the colours used in your hexies! Happy Stitching, Susie

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: