Sunday, May 22, 2011

Here a Hexie, There a Hexie...

There are hexie flowers all over the place here & I am certainly making better progress than expected. I also joined the WA Quilt Guild on Friday at the Perth Quilt Show after having taken the forms home for the past 4 years & forgetting to join. That means that once a month I can go to the hexie club & spend some more time on my flowers.

This month I decided I need some more subtle flowers to mix in with my fussy cut ones so this was the result, with lots of spots;


I then reverted back to my usual


Oh well, only 47 done so plenty left to do to add some more subtle ones. I might take the dove ones out to use on a Christmas project too.

I am loving this paper piecing so brought some new templates & papers at the Craft Fair too but they will have to wait awhile......

Happy stitching
Tracee xx

6 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Soooooooo pretty. You are going to have a gorgeous quilt!

Wendy said...

Wow, you have been busy and they look really pretty!!

Laura VanVleet said...

Beautiful flowers!

Jolanda said...

wow what a different colours of hexie you have. They look nice. Do you want put them al together in one quilt?

De said...

Great going Tracee! I have been working on mine too (no pic yet) and slowly working on the "scrap box) - have a heap cut out ready for basting.

Love the spot ones - they will just set off the others perfectly!

Anonymous said...

You have some beautiful hexies done. I too am surprised at how quick they go together. I think that having the hand tacking taken out of the equation is a great time saver.

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: