Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Have Some Flowers

Well after looking a piles of hexagons last week I took my piles and decided I wanted to have some sort of idea what they would look like all laid out.  So I tried to lay out all my hexagons and I gave up...lol.  All those little hexagons I just got overwhelmed.  I then took a BOLD step for me and decided that I was just going to start sewing them together randomly by colour.  I took all my blue hexies and put them into my brown wicker basket I keep them in, and then in no order, did you just hear what I said NO ORDER...lol...I randomly pulled a hexie, and would sew them into a flower.  At first it was very liberating I'm one that usually likes to have the perfect plan all set out when it comes to crafts.  The only rule I gave myself is that the same fabric couldn't be repeated in a single flower.  Then it happened.  One of the flowers I sewed together just happened to all be paler value fabrics I pulled out, and I had a few flowers sewn together, and laid them out, and though I liked how they looked they looked a little to random for me ~blah~, but not all is lost.  I'm not going to frog them...(frogging get it rip it rip it....I kill myself).  Nope I'm going to keep them exactly as they are, and just change my system.  From now on each flower will have a value light, medium or dark I will still just pull fabric out randomly, but if it doesn't fit into the 'value' of that flower back it goes.

Here are the flowers done up to now.  

6 comments:

Laine from JustPlainLaine.com said...

I think they are lovely. Sometimes you just have to go for it!

Crunchy Diva said...

thanks!!!

rosie said...

Wow, you are so brave!! They look great. Hope you enjoy the journey with us..

Crunchy Diva said...

lol yeah that's me the brave one...lol. i'm totally enjoying myself.

Leanne said...

Your flowers look great, well done.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Your flowers are lovely as they are :-). Looking forwrad to see more flowers in your garden.

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: