Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Only 137 flowers to go!

After dithering and deliberating over my stash I have finally decided to use my BIG collection of red and white fabrics for my Hexagon quilt.I started cutting a couple of weeks ago and then got down to stitching at the FNSI last Friday.  I have completed 3 flowers and 1 embroidered hexagon- only 137 flowers and 58 fillers to go!!!
It is great fun though and this is my first post to share my progress. I am not very good at glueing.  I tend to get fabric and threads stuck everywhere but on the papers where I want them, so I stitch baste - slower but less frustrating for me.  What is the saying about an old dog and new tricks?
I am so enjoying watching all the beautiful and varied Vignette Hexagons taking shape.

Happy stitching everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of just working with reds and whites. It will look amazing when done.

Wendy said...

Beautiful Cate!!

Laura VanVleet said...

Wow. This is going to be a striking quilt! Never thought of red and white, but I can't wait to see the end result!

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: