Friday, May 20, 2011

Update

Have had a very productive day so far. Made loads of hexagons and got them glue basted ready for sewing. The yellow roll arrived this morning so I now have one complete set organised. I'll cut the second lot when needed. I don't want too many leftover hexagons hanging around LOL at the end. Such pretty colours...........


as you can see there are still a few to baste which I will finish off later. Mind you I have managed to to loads of other jobs like housework in between sessions. Been working so well I had to even go down the street and get some more refills for the pen LOL

7 comments:

Sue said...

WOW look at all those hexies...... well done, they look great, how many have you made?

Jeanette said...

Looking good Katherine. I also run out of glue but my local shop had run out of refill stock. I had to wait until i went into Ipswich. Happy Stitching

Jo in TAS said...

You're so organised!

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying it. I've done everything as a production line and that is from cutting paper to gluing fabric. LOL I think you girls have created a hexie making monster! I sat down after tea last night and got 6 sewn in 2.5hours and hubby recons he could sew them at one every 10 mins - cheeky thing can actually sew his own buttons on before meeting me. As to how many I made I am not really sure. Using jelly rolls it has been extremely quick to cut squares ... and having the pen is wonderful. I selected one length of every design from the jelly rolls as a starting point and when they are all sewn I'll go back and repeat the process with the remaining lengths. I've decided on making it to a lap quilt that will comfortable cover me while lying around on the couch or bed sewing.

Jeanne said...

Hi,

My name is Jeanne. I am just starting this venture. Would you please tell me what kind of glue you use and/or guide me to the tutorial that explains it. I absolutely love you colors.
Jeanne from CT

Anonymous said...

Jeanne I have sent you an email. Found the addy on you blog. Hope it is still current

Quilt Kitty said...

That looks so pretty. You must have really got into the hexie groove. Beautiful work! Tracee xx

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: