Thursday, October 27, 2011

Second time around

I'm going to try again.

Some may remember that I have already tried to quilt this one once before and it all got caught up and in a huge mess that I pulled out all the quilting and put it away safely for a while.  Well I had it hanging on the side of my cabinet but I have now pulled off and have decided to give it another go.

After my last attempt

It's been hanging like this for the last couple of months.
Plan this time around ...... a little machine quilting around the "flowers" and a little hand quilting in the centres. Once this is done I will decide if I want to go with the lines like Leanne has done with hers in Vignette.

I found a cute Pink spot fabric for the backing this time around.

Wish me luck!

Enjoy your creativity,
Sharon

4 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It is so very nice. Take it slow and easy. Can't wait to see it all done.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

That is one very cute quilt. Wishing you luck with your second attempt.

Susie said...

I absolutely adore your quilt - the colours are beautiful!! Its nice to see a more 'subdued' palette. It really lends itself to the vintage 'hexie' look. I love it!! Well done, and good luck for the quilting! Happy Stitching, Susie

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Thank you ladies. It is now finished and posted here and on my Blog. :o)

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: