Monday, October 3, 2011

It is all coming back to me - a scatterbrained quilter in action!

As you know I have had trouble deciding what fabric to use in my very first hexagon quilt. I have wondered about it several times, always landing on using my scraps, but with a feeling that I was leaving something out. What was it I couldn`t remember?? Think, think, think!




The mystery got solved today when I went to my mailbox. Of course!! I ordered these scrap fabrics from Piece O`Cake Designs, with the purpose to use them in the quilt. How could I forget?? (Well, of course I could, it is a wonder I remember to brush my teeth in the morning).

The colors are much brighter than I normally use. A bit out of my comfort zone you might say, but that is also why it is fun. I think it is my friend Lena who has influenced me :) She is a genious with colors.

Have fun sewing!

Siv Hege

2 comments:

Lis said...

The colours look really bright and fun ... sometimes it is just good to get out of the comfort zone ... it gives you results that you never imagined, and usually will love ! :-D
Looking forward to see some more!

Leanne said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous, they will look great made into hexagons.

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: