Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Addicted

Hi,
My name is Sharyn and im addicted to hexagons.

When i first saw the hexagon quilt in Vignette, i thought to myself no way am i going to be doing that . Then i started following this blog and saw all these amazing hexagons and the colours being used .You have all inspired me. I went through my scrap bins of fabric and found lots of fabrics but started to get to picky but then thought dont think and just keep it scrappy, it wont matter.
I started tracing hexagons and the rest is well ..............







I'm not sure if ill do the stitchery hexagons as yet, i did find this white waffle that i might use instead.

(i am also doing the Vignette mystery quilt so lots of stitchery to do)





I have now got my Mother going, sent her home today to go through here scraps.

Keep up the post its great to see. Thanks Sharyn





7 comments:

rosie said...

Hi Sharyn, hexing is very very addictive! It is such a lovely portable craft too. You have chosen some lovely colors...Popped over to your blog, looking forward to you posting...

Maria said...

I also have the bug. LOL.
Lovely box you are stacking your hexies in.
The waffle fabric looks great.
Wonder how many your Mum has made????

Mona said...

Beautiful fabrics and the waffle fabric was nice.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful addiction though! Oh to have scrap bags! I love all the yummy colours of fabric you have chosen. I was umming and arring as to wether I would attempt this quilt too but the only reason being I don't have scraps LOL. My entire patchwork fabric collection lives in a 56 ltr storage container and most of it is set aside for two or three UFO's that I love working on every now and again. Very sad LOL! So I had to go an arrange some fabric for my birthday to do it.

Show and Tell said...

There are worse addictions you know *Grin*. Your blooms are looking great. I started this thinking it would be a year long project and I have stiched 70 flowers already.....Mmmmm I think I am addicted too.....

Q said...

the white waffle looks lovely, I have not started on the stitchery hexagons either, I want to wait till I have a feel for what my quilt will look like to choose thread colours as mine will be quite scrappy!

Great work on yours

Anonymous said...

GOod on you!! :) They look great. I'm actually not doing the stitchery hexies at all and just joining the flowers together without that extra one... so that means I'll have to make more flowers!!

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: