Saturday, September 3, 2011

A new hexagon quilt!




Its been a while since I last posted on here too but life gets in the road sometimes LOL. I have finished as far as I can go with my Lily and Will quilt. Just waiting on border fabric and then I'll get it organised so it can be quilted next Autumn. I have already started a new one though. Thought I would like to try 3/4" hexies and have totally jumped out of my comfort zone with the fabrics too. The jelly roll is 'Fresh flowers' by Deb Strain for Moda. I was totally taken in by the gerberas and hope that it will not be too bright for my liking. I want it to be totally different than the vignette quilt so we will have to see how it evolves. They are just so addictive and I even have my mum trying a 1" quilt of all blues/whites. Someone else on here was doing one very similar.

7 comments:

Lis said...

wow ... I love those bright colours! - it is going to look amazing!

Susie said...

I look forward to seeing the progres of these hexies with this gorgeous fabric! Some close-up shots too!!lol! Happy Stitching, Susie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh boy, I know how life gets in the way of doing the fun sstuff. I just put up a post for the first time in a long time. I just had to live my real life before I could spend time online. And darn it, I want so badly to make a hexagon quilt. I am taking a small trip next week, and along with my knitting I think I will bring some hexies and do some stitching. I think I'll go down and try to cut some out right now. Thanks for the motivation ladies. You all do such wonderful work!!! Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Julie

Deb R said...

Ohhh I love the colours!!!! Cant wait to see the progress. I love the brights!!!
Happy hexing
Deb :)

Jolanda said...

What a nice bright colours of your new jelly roll. I am jalouse.

Q said...

love the fresh flowers colours, and your existing lily and will quilt looks fab too! I'm nowhere near there with my first one, Well done!

Anonymous said...

Thanks girls. I am enjoing the new hexies being that bit smaller too will make it look different. I am pleased about how they are coming together while sitting in the car at school in the afternoons and really have to stop myself bringing them inside to stitch. I'll do some more photos later in the week. Got the border fabric sorted so will have to get onto the Lily and Will one again.

Hexagon Button. Grab our button: